Benefits for Consumers
Shop with trust
Online merchants with the EMOTA European Trustmark meet both national and European criteria for safe online shopping. The merchants are submitted to a comprehensive certification procedure put in place by the national Trustmark providers participating in our European Trustmark scheme. Both the national Trustmark and the accreditation system are checked by EMOTA on a regular basis.
Check your store - click on the Trustmark
Only shops certified by a national Trustmark provider participating in our European Trustmark scheme are allowed to display our EMOTA European Trustmark on their websites. Verify the merchant’s certification status by clicking on the national Trustmark he displays. You will then be directed to his Certificate with the information you need. If the Certificate is properly linked and valid you can rely on the merchant’s quality of service.
Important notice: the EMOTA European Trustmark cannot be displayed as a stand-alone Trustmark. It can only be displayed together with an accredited national e-commerce Trustmark. Please contact EMOTA if you are uncertain.
Get assistance if problems arise
Should any problem arise related to your online purchase please contact first the online shop and explain your problem. If a solution cannot be found, you have the possibility to file a complaint with the national trustmark provider. This service is completely free for you as a consumer.
In close cooperation with the online shop, an adequate solution to the complaint will be found.
Merchants selling online that display both the national Trustmark and the EMOTA European Trustmark offer you a high level of service. You will benefit from the following quality standards:
- Clear, comprehensive and accurate product description and merchant information before you place your order.
- Convenient, reliable, safe and legally compliant service.
- Notification of all costs and any limitations / conditions prior to checkout.
- Charges that are complete and simple to understand – including any tax and delivery and surcharges.
- Access information on your order progress / history.
- Delivery as specified at the time of order.
- Your purchases arriving in good condition.
- Helpful support with damaged / failed / late / attempted deliveries.
- A clear returns process, with any limitations / conditions notified prior to purchase.
- Your personal data and rights being properly protected and managed.
For more information please contact your national Trustmark provider participating in the EMOTA Trustmark scheme.